Yes, I proudly jump on the pumpkin bandwagon every FALL! What’s not to love about pumpkins? They are rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals, high in fiber, and are a good source of vitamins A, C, E, magnesium, potassium, and iron. Pumpkin is also very low in fat and calories which makes it great for adding to a variety of things, energy balls being a perfect example, give it a try!!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (plus more to taste if desired)
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- pinch of salt
- In a medium sized bowl combine all of the ingredients. Stir together until thoroughly combined.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Roll the mixture into approximately 1 inch sized balls.
- Store the energy bites in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from @wholelivinglauren – I absolutely LOVE her recipes because they are not only super healthy, but easy to make!