Everywhere you turn, you can find access to delicious, energy-boosting smoothies these days. While I totally love trying new ones out, I think it’s equally important to establish a systematic approach to smoothie making so that you can always work with what you’ve got! Check out this easy-to-follow smoothie cheat sheet so you never need to search for recipes again, unless of course, you want to! Enjoy!
SMOOTHIE CHEAT SHEET:
- Start with a base – avocado, banana, fresh pair, mango, organic silken tofu, full fat greek yogurt
- Frozen Fruit – blueberries, blackberries, acai packets, raspberries, mango (berries are best!)
- Greens – Kale, spinach, baby spinach, watercress, spirulina powder, and/or a scoop of vega
- Liquid – Opt for unsweetened options: unsweetened almond or coconut milk, green tea, or WATER!
- Boost – additonal items that add more nutrients include: pea protein powder, rice protein powder, spirulina, chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, cocao powder, lemon juice, matcha green tea powder, raw almonds, raw walnuts
- Keep it simple – when you create a smoothie with ingredients from this list, there is no need for added sweeteners, there is natural sugar in the fruit to sweeten the taste, so there really is no need for more! If you have a smoothie without fruit, a little stevia can go a long way!