One of the hardest parts about eating well is finding the time to prepare healthy recipes. I love the science behind what real foods can do for your body and I love sharing that knowledge so you can feel your absolute best. I think the hardest part is preparing and cooking healthy food ALL OF THE TIME! I love the end product, but getting there is often a battle. So when I find a recipe that is truly easy, I love to share it! Here is a super simple one you can prepare the night before and then enjoy for breakfast or as a snack! Yes, chocolate for breakfast, what’s not to love about that?!
Overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Prep time 15 mins Total time 15 mins Serves 4
Simple, 6 ingredient chocolate chia seed pudding that’s naturally sweetened and so thick and creamy. Simple, loaded with nutrients and perfect for breakfast, a snack or dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-5 Tbsp maple syrup if not blending (can sub 5-9 dates, pitted if blending)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients except sweetener to a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously to combine. If not blending (which I preferred!), sweeten to taste with maple syrup at this time. If blending, you can sweeten later with maple syrup or dates.
- Let rest covered in the fridge overnight or at least 3-5 hours (or until it’s achieved a pudding-like consistency).
- If blending, add to a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Sweeten to taste.
- Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days, though best when fresh.
- Serve chilled with desired toppings, such as fruit, granola or coconut whipped cream.
Recipe credit goes to minimalist baker, i absoultely love her stuff, check out this recipe and more on her blog!